by Ken Young
Copyright Ken Young 2010-2015. All rights reserved.
This quick & simple recipe makes humble ingredients taste exotic.
Improbable ingredients blend to make something wonderful.
The main ingredients are hamburger and strawberries.
- Ground meat, precooked & crumbled. Most any ground or canned
meat will work (seafood doesn't always work, though).
- Sliced strawberries. Any other berry works just as well. Chopped
fresh or dried fruit is good. Raisins will work.
- Ground cinnamon
- Yogurt, plain or flavored
- Curry powder or sauce in any form
- Cheap mustard
- Sesame oil to cook in. You can use butter or any other oil
- Grease the skillet with the sesame oil.
- Dump the precooked crumbled burger into the skillet.
- Add the sliced strawberries. Use half as much strawberries as
meat. Add a little water if the fruit is dried.
- Add some yogurt. Use half as much yogurt as fruit.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Add a small amount of curry and mustard.
- Cook at high heat until the liquid has mostly cooked off,
stirring frequently. This won't take long.
- Lower to medium heat and cook until the liquid cooks off and it
starts to fry (stirring frequently).
- Remove from heat immediately. It is done. Don't let it burn.
Serve with bread and green vegetables
on the side.
Any ingredient can be substituted.
Vegetarian version: Use chopped nuts
for meat and imitation yogurt.
Kosher: Use turkey or chicken.
This was downloaded from http://ken.dinodudes.com (all lower case)